Dress for Dance
Black spaghetti strapped seamed leotard – Mirella # 207, (Mondor 13520, Capezio #101, if Mirella, doesn’t fit well)
- Students in Grade 3 and higher may have the pinched front and Ainslee #101P
- Older students coming three or more times per week , having already purchased the black leotard, may choose other coloured leotards of similar design. No patterned leotards or designs with many straps, etc.
Ballet pink tights – Mondor #310 or Mondor #314 convertible tights (best), or Capezio #1815/1915 & #1816/1916. Convertible tights are best for Primary 2 levels and higher
Pink split sole canvas ballet shoes:
- All shoes must fit like gloves-not loosely. Please check fit with teacher before wearing. Leather shoes will stretch.
- Introduction to Dance, Primary 1 — canvas split sole. (Leather only if sizes in canvas unavailable.)
- Primary 2, Grade/Standard 1 to Advanced levels—canvas split sole
- Please try to buy ballet pink shoes avoiding more orange or bubble gum pink coloured shoes.
Pointe shoes – will be fitted first time with Valerie present. No Gaynor Minden brand. Stretch ribbon and medium or wide elastic.
Sweaters – May be worn if needed to warm-up in. Must be black and tight fitting dance sweaters. (prefer none)
Skirts: Teacher Assistants may wear black wrap skirts. Grade 5+ students may have a skirt for select classes.
18 months – 2 years
May wear t-shirts or bodysuits, leggings or footless tights & ballet shoes. No skirts or tutus
White short-sleeved leotard or dance t-shirt.
- Older male students may also choose white tank style leotard or t-shirt.
Intro.– Gr. 1: Black footless tights or bike shorts. White ankle socks
Gr. 2 +: Black or grey footed or footless tights.
Dance belt for males 8 years and older. (or younger)
White ballet shoes:
All shoes must fit like gloves, not loosely. Please check fit with teacher before wearing.
Top: solid colour leotard, tight fitting tank /or spaghetti strap top – no crop tops
Legs: solid coloured footless tights or dance shorts
For 2020-21 Season– socks or ballet shoes No Bare Feet this year.
Click this link to download a PDF file with this information – Arabesque – Dress for Dance 2021-22