Arabesque Dance Studio Covid-19 Protocols
Over the years, along with quality and empowering dance education, the health and safety of everyone in the Arabesque Dance Studio community has been very important to us.
As we gradually enter our 2021-2022 Season of classes, we have new Covid-19 protocols in place to help keep our dancers, families and teachers safe. Class sizes are limited to ensure individual attention and allow students the space to dance in a safe learning environment.
Please carefully go over our new protocols listed below with your dancer(s) to make sure they understand our expectations, what changes they will encounter in the studio and what everyone can rely on us to do to ensure safe, enjoyable dance classes.
The new Covid-19 waiver must be signed and either emailed to the studio or brought by the dancer on the first day of classes. All students must be pre-registered and waivers must be signed and submitted before they may enter the building.
Please stay home if:
- You are feeling unwell.
- You have a fever or chills, a headache, a sore throat, runny nose or cough
- You have nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
- You have any contagious infections
- You have respiratory problems, chest pain or a rash on skin
- You have a new loss of taste or smell
- You have been near someone who has recently been diagnosed with Covid-19
- You have been on a flight or travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days
Preparing for class:
- Dress in your dance uniform before going to the studio. Bring dance footwear needed for your classes.
- Bare feet are not allowed anywhere in the building
- If a coat or shoes/boots are required, please leave them in the designated area in the building.
- Please use the washroom before coming to the studio to limit use of the shared washroom. Washrooms require cleaning between each use.
- Wear a clean face mask daily.
- If bringing a water bottle, please make sure it has a covered mouth piece and is only touched by you.
Arrival at the hall/building:
- Please arrive no sooner than 5 to 10 minutes before class
- Students may be dropped off or picked up in the parking lot. Parents may not enter the building
- Students cannot be allowed in the building if they are late for classes
- Students will line up outside of the building at least 2 metres apart and will maintain a safe distance from others at all times
- Please allow students from a previous class to exit at a safe distance
- Please wait for an Arabesque Dance teacher or teaching assistant to greet you, take attendance records and direct you into the studio to your designated marked dancing area
- Please allow us to check your temperature before entering the premises to ensure it is below 38.0°C
- Use the hand sanitizer before entering and while exiting the studio
- Maintain a safe distance from others at all times
- Provide a clean and sanitized dance studio
- Provide posters and markings to help students follow protocols
- Periodically do a temperature check before entering the studio, and ensure that it is below 38.0°C
- Take attendance for contact-tracing to be provided to the BC Health authority if needed
- Provide hand sanitizers for use in reception area and studio
- Wash/Sanitize our hands before and after each session
- Wear a clean face mask
- Maintain a safe distance at all times and teach dance without physical contact
- Accommodate a limited number of students in each class to ensure physical distancing.
- Clean all door handles, hand rails, and high contact surfaces before and between each class
- Schedule classes so as to allow time for cleaning/disinfecting surfaces and allow students to finish and leave the studio before the next set of students arrive.
- Clean washrooms in between each use and teach older students how to clean surfaces in washrooms after use